1. Ever since he got the LEGO Kings Castle for Christmas, Eli’s been in full-on LEGO mode. 10,000 points to Gryffindor if you can walk through his room without impaling yourself on a LEGO and swearing.
2. Remember the Super Bowl? Wasn’t that fun? NO, IT WAS NOT FUN AT ALL. (But thanks, neighbors, for throwing a super party!)
3. A downy woodpecker we spotted at the Cool Creek Nature Center.
4. My boots say spring, but winter refuses to leave. Mike got me these adorable Bogs for my birthday. The snow is not so adorable anymore.
5. Elena and I had a date to see “I Love Lucy Live on Stage.” She’s got the theater bug, and I love it. She performed as one of the orphans in her school’s production of “Annie” a few weeks later.
6. I’m a Citybox subscriber, and this was my most recent box. How awesome is the packaging on the coffee?
7. Since Mike and I are Miami Mergers (Miami University alumni who marry), we get a Valentine’s Day card from the University every year. This is our 16th Valentine! Every year they’re different, and I look forward to them so much. This one is particularly special: it depicts Upham Arch, which is where we got engaged.
8. I hosted a #DisneySide party on President’s Day. Elena and her friends got “Goofy” with a few props. I just adore her friends!
9. My ticket for the NFL Combine Tweetup. I caught up with Peter King, had Pat McAfee tell me I looked very nice, and touched Adam Schefter. All in all a very good night.
10. Elena and her friend, Nathalie, after competing in the Math Bowl. Elena’s school took first in the state for the 4th time in 8 years! I love the shirts: “School of Math.”
11. Eli is just such a happy guy. Cracks me up, because he was such a serious baby. You had to work for a smile! And now he’s almost always smiling, and doing his best to make you smile.
12. I had to document this fleeting moment of sibling camaraderie, lest we never remember that they can be in close quarters and not pissing each other off. Did I mention it’s been a very loooong winter?
If you’re not already following me on Instagram already, please do! You can find me there as (the one and only) AngieSix.