I realized two things today: I don’t really share a lot of my Instagram photos on here. Also, I haven’t posted in a week and the kids get off the bus in a few minutes, so if I don’t post something right this minute it’s probably not going to happen. And just like that Instapost was born! So starting this month I’ll round up my favorite Instagram pictures from the month before and give you a little peek into where we’ve been and what we’ve been up to.
1. We were waiting in the car while Mike checked on a job site when I realized we were surrounded by birds. No matter where I go or how old I am, I think I will always be a little obsessed with birds.
2. My friend Tamre surprised the kids with some Butterbeer, which quickly turned into a valuable lesson on how to open beer bottles. I’m thrilled, because now when I ask Eli to “beer me,” he can bring me a nice, cold open one.
3. I spent a Sunday afternoon making a double batch of The Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon rolls to give out over the holidays. I had to work at The Container Store later that evening and a co-worker actually sniffed me and said I smelled amazing. Apparently butter and cinnamon sugar is my signature fragrance.
4. My sister and I had a blast attending the Indianapolis Colts Women’s 201 clinic. Here I am, getting comfy on the practice field. If only I really were 30.
5. I had a writing assignment in Chicago, so I surprised Elena, picking her up from school early for an overnight in the city. We had so much fun, just the two of us. It makes me want to travel the world with this girl.
6. Mike, Elena and I saw Wicked together for the first time. It had been years since I’d seen a Broadway show (last one was The Lion King), and now I’m itching to see more. We loved it.
7. Once Halloween was over I gave the kids permission to destroy the pumpkins. First they threw them out of a second floor window, then Eli rolled them into the woods for some good ol’ therapeutic pumpkin smashing.
If you’re not already following me on Instagram already, please do! You can find me there as (duh) AngieSix.