Fall is here! And don't tell me it's really not fall because it's 90 degrees out right now. It's fall, dammit, and here are 6 (could it be any other number?) things I'm loving right now:
1. Anything apple related. The Apple Store at Conner Prairie (Apple cider doughnuts? Yes, please!). Stuckey Farm (The best apple cider slushies, hands down). Crisp local apples. Mulled cider. Apple recipes from friends who aren't afraid of ugly apples. I could go on and on.
2. Pumpkin spice lattes are back, baby. This officially begins my expensive season at Starbucks. I love coffee, but I don't particulary like their coffee. From February to September my drink of choice at Starbucks is actually chai. Once they start pouring pumpkin and gingerbread syrups into their coffee, though, I'm helpless.
3. Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback. I dream about throwing back a few and talking nothing but football with Peter King. He just has this way of weaving stories around stats and news bites that pulls me in. While I wait for him to call, I appease myself with his weekly column instead.
4. Bell's Octoberfest. This will be my first fall that I've been really into craft beer. Between this new weakness and the pumpkin spice lattes and the upcoming holiday feasts? I better add daily runs to my list of fall favorites or I'm gonna need some stretchy pants real soon.
5. New shows. Looking forward to new episodes of our old favorites (How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, and The Good Wife), along with a batch of what could turn into new favorites (Boardwalk Empire – don't let me down!)
6. Fantasy football and Survival Football. I'm in my second season of fantasy football in my girls-only league. We all know each other through Twitter, hence we are the #FFLBabes. In what surely shows my growth as a fantasy team owner, I waited until the second round to draft Peyton Manning this year. And I drafted a Patriot (Wes Welker). What can I say, mama wants a title this year. Mike talked me into joining his Survival Football league. Basically you all throw in some cash and then each week you pick one team you think will win. You can only pick a team once. Once your team loses, you're out. I love that I'm the only girl in the league, and probably the only one that doesn't play poker. My goal is to win and then out myself, leaving them all crying and questioning their man cards.
It's a quirky list, but it's what I'm loving now that it's fall. How about you? What are you giddy about right now?