1. If it rains enough (as it did towards the end of our Spring Break), our backyard turns into a mini lake. Great for young explorers, not so great if you’d actually like to grow grass.
2. This magnolia in our front yard is such a show-off. And I love it.
3. I am always in search of a great fish taco, and by golly did I find one (along with amazing shrimp and cheese grits) on my Girls’ Trip. If you’re ever in Panama City Beach, you must go to Dee’s Hang Out. It doesn’t look like much from the outside, but it’s good, cheap eats.
4. Elena is the master of animal selfies. You can read the story of the rabbit we had as a pet for 2 hours over at The Risky Kids.
5. My brother and Eli after Eli’s soccer game. Eli adores his Uncle Donnie, in case you can’t tell.
6. And Elena adores her Aunt Kim. Here she’s instructing Aunt Kim on the fine art of the non-animal selfie.
7. We’re big Dave Ramsey fans. I couldn’t miss a local book signing for his new book, Smart Money Smart Kids, written with his daughter, Rachel Cruze. Fun fact: Rachel babysat for Elena one summer while we were living in Nashville!
8. We had family visiting from Spain: my Tito (Uncle) Alejandro, as well as my cousins, Elena and Julio. My sister, Suzan, flew in from Dallas, too. We had a fun evening out in downtown Indy … Mike’s face just cracks me up. Let’s just say they had the privilege of meeting Margarita Mike stateside.
9. The neighborhood kids set up shop outside of our garage sale. Sinomin rolls, anyone?
If you’re not already following me on Instagram already, please do! You can find me there as (the one and only) AngieSix.