Craptastic. That is the official word of the day. I don't normally devote whole posts to bitching, but I think it's about time. I've about had it with today, and it's only 1:30 p.m.
- Elena's been, to put it kindly, a challenge lately, both at home and at school. Last night she wailed at me that I was "ruining her dream" of being a cartoonist and this morning she gave me one exasperated sign and eye roll too many. It ended with me saying something nasty to her as I shoved nudged her into school before I drove away. She's seven. And she may just be the death of me.
- I spilled half of my coffee down the front of my shirt.
- Eli left one of his gummy vitamins on the kitchen table this morning. Not a big deal, until I walk past the table and see a big, fat cockroach feasting on it. This is my reward for actually putting forth an effort to keep my home clean: very healthy, nutritionally balanced cockroaches.
- I thought I'd be all nice mom and get the kids a sugar-and-food-coloring-filled treat, so I picked up a box of $4.59 Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream Bars. I've been carrying around a free coupon for Blue Bunny since February. I was too engrossed in cleaning up the strawberries scattered all over the oh-so-clean Target conveyor belt (thanks to Eli, who thinks "helping" means using his best wind-up to toss things on the belt) to notice that they never scanned the coupon. So now I have no coupon and $5 worth of crappy ice cream. Sigh. I could have purchased a really good bottle of wine for $5 and we'd all be happier around here.
- We got the bill for Eli's surgery in the mail. Let's just say that we could go to Disney World twice. Instead my son got a fully functional penis. Which I guess is better than Disney World in the long run. But still.
- I keep willing the game Mouse Trap to pick itself up, but it's just sitting there, taunting me. If I ever meet the person who invented that game you might have to start a fund raiser for my bail.
Update: So I finally escape the house to have coffee and see a movie with friends, when I get this lovely text from Mike: Eli just barfed 3x. Of course he did. Now am waiting for van to go up in flames or some other fantastic event. Vent on in the comments. I love the company!
But enough about me. How about you? What's got your knickers in a knot today?